CENTURION Mini Product Catalogue

Monday 5 March 2012

The Maths of Access Automation

Believe it or not, there is a certain degree of geometry as well as basic algebra involved when automating your home.  Intimidating as this may seem, all that is needed is to keep a few elementary numbers close at hand and you should have an installation worthy of Pythagoras (if he had been an installer of gate automation equipment, and not a mathematician).  In this blog post – our fifteenth for 2012! – we will be looking at a few distances and measurements to keep in mind when performing your installation.

·         When installing a sliding gate motor, mount the origin magnet 500mm away from the sensor in the closing direction

·         The distance between the magnet and the sensor should be no more than 20mm

·         When preparing to install a roller-door operator (RDO), first ensure that the springs are balanced by opening the door halfway.  The door should not move of its own volition for more than 20mm in either direction

·         Install ground loops 30mm to 50mm beneath the road surface

·         Loops should typically have 20 turns per metre and there should be a minimum distance of 1 metre between opposite sides

·         Mount external receivers as high up as possible for maximum range

·         The maximum number of daily operations is 150 for the D5-Evo and 750 for the D10

·         The D5-Evo can handle loads weighing up to 500kg while the D10 can effortlessly move a gate weighing up to a ton.  Lighter gates can be automated with the D2Turbo (250kg with a top speed of 24 metres per minute) or the super-fast D10Turbo (240kg with a top speed of 50 metres per minute)

We hope this post has been helpful – please feel free to leave comments and suggestions in the comments section!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Yesterday I was trying to program a second remote for my gate and mistakenly programed it on PED instead of TRG. So I deleted that setting for the remote and reprogrammed it but when I tried to use the remote it still did not work eventhough I could see the red light blink. When I tried with my other remote it worked. So I followed the instructions on YouTube to let it find its limit and that's where my real problem started.
    I put Function on Limit and Setting on Setup, then pressed the Status button. The gate was closed when I did this but when it stopped it ended at open with the red light on Status still blinking. When I returned Function to Run and use my remote or the status button on the motor, I get 5 sets of 3 beeps in quick successions. I dont know what to do anymore. To close my gate last night, I had to release the gate, roll it close and then locked it again.

    Please urgent help needed, getting out of the house is like mission impossible.

    Thanking you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel. Thanks for your query. Gosh, I'm sorry for the trouble you've been having with your gate. That does sound most inconvenient. My advice would be to give our friendly technical support call centre a ring when you are in front of the gate. The technicians should be able assist you over the phone to get your gate up and running. They will be operational tomorrow from 7am until 6pm, and can be reached on 0861 003 123.

      Delete
  3. Hi there

    I recently had to remove and reinstal my keypad that us connected to my Centsys D2 Turbo. Now the gate wont work. The keypad code is recognised and if I use the remotes I get a series of 5 beeps and the Safe CLS light flashes ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Frank. Thank you for your query. Tell me, do you have PE beams installed?

      Delete
  4. My D5 evo give 2 flashes on the status light. What does it mean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day. Two flashes of the Status LED indicates that either 1) there is no mains power feed to the motor due to a tripped breaker switch, or 2) the batter charger is faulty. You are welcome to bring both the charger and the battery to one of our branches for testing.

      Delete